Monday, November 1, 2010

Kuoting Dara: Liam is Coming!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Daddy's Here!

I called Jim once we knew Katie was 6 cm and being admitted to the hospital. We knew he wouldn't make it for the birth, so we kept him updated via text. Katie's sister, Natalie, tried to call him so he could be on speaker phone while Liam was being delivered, but as luck had it he was in a dead zone during that time. After he got phone reception back we called him and he was able to hear him cry. I think it gave him more motivation to keep making the 11 hour trip to Phoenix from Salt Lake. So after that long drive he was finally able to meet his son. He arrived to the hospital around 11:30 a.m. on the 19th.
Ever since I have known Jim I knew he wanted all daughters, but now that he has Liam he is smitten! He always talks about all the things they are going to do together. Not having grown up with a dad I think he was apprehensive to have a son because the father/son relationship is so foreign to him. But boy or girl Jim is an amazing father, so Liam you are one lucky boy to have such an amazing Daddy!

Just like the rest of us...Jim couldn't take his eyes off him!

We all noticed that he held Liam the same way he first held Azlyn!

So happy to see Jim after being away from each other for a week awaiting the arrival of Liam!

After Jim got to the hospital, Grandma and Grandpa Duba, came to see Liam!






Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Birth Mothers!

The Thursday before Liam was born I had the privilege of attending a support group for birthmother's that Katie attends. I have never met so many amazing and selfless women in all my life. They were sweet and came to the hospital to show their love and support to her. My life is richer for knowing these women!













Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Our Growing Family!

After being up for over 36 hours and with Jim here safe and sound... it was time to go and get some much needed rest. This experience was so surreal for so many reasons. It reminded me of Azlyn's birth and yet it was so different and so special in other ways. To be a mother for a 2nd time was something I never imagined and to have Liam here healthy and safe makes me more grateful in more ways than I could ever express. I love my beautiful growing family and feel blessed beyond my wildest imagination.







Tuesday, October 19, 2010
The Stars of The Show!

Even super stars need sleep...love you both! Sweet dreams!





Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Liam is 1 day old!

Katie's mom, Nancy, stayed with Katie the first night after Liam was born. Looks like he was awake an awful lot of the night. :)
















Wednesday, October 20, 2010
2nd Doctor Rounds

Dr. Carroll rounded on Liam the 2nd morning. He also gave Liam a clean bill of health.
Not sure if he should be happy or sad about getting woken up this early in the morning! :)

All better!


Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Liam's 1st Smile!

They say babies can't really smile and that it is just gas...well if that is a gas smile that must have been one good one!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
2 Cuties!

Katie and I wanted to get pictures of the kids all together...while we were waiting for my parents to bring Azlyn, Kade wanted to hold Liam and boy were these 2 boys cute!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Azlyn Meets Liam!

My parents brought Azlyn up from Tucson to meet her little brother. For several weeks we talked to her about her little brother, Liam. But I don't think she had a clue what was going on...I think her facial expression in the 1st picture says it all!
We got a smile...we are making progress! :)

And a kiss...I think she will keep him after all!
The excitement over Liam was short lived when she found out that there were buttons on the bed...even Kade got in on the action!

"Does being a big sister mean I get to boss him?...well okay then I think I like this idea of having a little brother!"
Now trying to get a decent picture of the 3 of them? Not so much...

After seeing this sweet picture of these 2 boys, I am thinking it is the sassy girl that was the problem! :)
Yep definitely the sassy girl was to blame...she found humor in stealing Liam's binkie instead of being still and smiling for the picture...good thing you are so cute missy!

Well at least the first introduction is over...now only time will tell how the adjustment to Liam will go for Azlyn! Wish us luck! :)
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Papa and Grandma Butler Meet Liam!

I think their facial expressions say it all!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Kade's Gifts to Azlyn and Liam

Katie and Kade got the sweetest gifts for Azlyn and Liam. They went to Build-A-Bear and made a pink bear for Azlyn and blue bear for Liam. There are recordings in them that says, "Hi Azlyn/Liam, this is Katie and Kade, we love you to the moon and back." So thoughtful...thanks Katie and Kade for always allowing Azlyn and Liam to have a little piece of your love!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Daddy and Daughter Together Again!

Azlyn and Jim were so happy to see each other again. They were inseparable once Jim got into town! She is very much a Daddy's girl

Wednesday, October 20, 2010
More Visitors!
Aunt Coco
Uncle Bubbles (Derek's) hand..scary huh?
Aunt Jenna
Uncle Bubbles
Derek and Jenna brought this amazing gift basket full of goodies to the hospital. And how weird is this...Jenna made a quilt for Liam that is the same material as my diaper bag. I had the diaper bag made from etsy.com and Jenna had no idea what material I had it made in, but they totally match...cool, huh?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Priceless Pics!

These are a few pictures that Colene took of Liam just in the hospital. I can't wait for her to do a photo shoot with him since we won't get home in time for my friend, Callie, to get his newborn shots done.
Azlyn scrunched her forehead just like this...love it!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Our Family of 4!

Just like we couldn't imagine our lives without Azlyn, we now can't imagine our lives without Liam! We are so blessed to have our family of 4! So happy you came to our family Liam...love you bud!


Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Last Night In The Hospital!

Katie and Liam's last night in the hospital was spent visiting with the Thornburg's.
Liam
Katie's Dad, Michael
Katie's sister and her husband, Natalie and Justin
Katie's parents, Nancy and Michael

Thursday, October 21, 2010
Last Doctor Rounds

Dr. Jones rounded on Liam the last day of his hospital stay. We scheduled his circumcision and follow-up visit and he said he was okay to be discharged.
Dr. Tamanaha stopped by to discharge Katie and we took one last picture with him...Doctors like him are rare!

Thursday, October 21, 2010
Leaving the Hospital

With Azlyn the day we left the hospital was one of the hardest days for Katie...this time around we decided to make it low key and leave together in the same car. We were kind of silly for not thinking of that last time, but this time we did it right and there were very few tears of saddness. :)
When we left the hospital Liam weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz...so he only lost 4 ounces. Not too bad!

Thursday, October 21, 2010
To Merri's House

After leaving the hospital we met everyone back at Merri's for a relaxing afternoon.
Kade was happy to have his momma home from the hospital!
Such a big helper!

We had a wonderful lunch from our favorite Thai restaurant!
Azlyn was realizing that Liam was a permanent fixture in our lives and this is what she thought...holding his carseat hostage! ;)
Katie's sweet mother got Azlyn a stroller to play with...

The kids made good use of it! :)

Took a little while but eventually she started using it the way it was intended!

Thursday, October 21, 2010
Birth Mothers' Group

After enjoying each other's company all day we decided to go with Katie to her birth mothers' group.
Azlyn enjoyed the meeting especially because she got to sample her 1st donut!


Friday, October 22, 2010
1st Pediatrician's Visit

Today was our first visit to the Pediatrician. We went to Gilbert Peds just like with Azlyn. Liam was scheduled for a check up as well as his circumcision. Sorry buddy...Liam weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. so he is doing well. Dr. Carroll was concerned about his jaundice so he sent us for labs after our visit which were normal, so lots of eating and pooping for this little guy and everything should be fine!
Giving brother sweet loves after his procedure...
Taking it easy after a long day!


Saturday, October 23, 2010
Reliquishment Party!

With Azlyn, Katie wanted the relinquishment signing to be more of a party than a somber get together and with Liam we planned on the same idea. I am not certain way, but Liam's signing was much more emotional for me than it was with Azlyn. I think it may be because with Azlyn I didn't get it. I had been a mother for 3 days and now with Liam I have been a mother much longer and I get it. As I watched Katie sign the papers that would sever her rights to this beautiful little boy I wept. I watched this beautiful woman who loves Liam so much that she agreed to let us be his parents. I can not imagine and I know I never will understand the great strength and courage it took to do this. The Spirit was so strong there and we could all feel it. It was one of the most sacred experiences I may ever experience in my life. We love you Katie and are eternally grateful to you for your love for our children.

Such a special day with such special people. The Thornburg's have become a 2nd family to us...we love you all and are happy to share these sweet children with you. They are lucky because they have twice the people to love them!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Today was a busy day and I managed to take just this one picture...3 beautiful people though, wouldn't you say? We packed our things from Jim's mom's house and Jim headed home to Utah and Azlyn, Liam and I were picked up by my parents to head to Tucson for a week. We can't leave Arizona until our paperwork is ok'd to cross state lines, so if there were another place besides home with Jim I would like to be it would be here in Arizona with my friends and family!
Thankfully Katie took this picture and I borrowed it from her...love this! You are beautiful Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment