Sunday, February 6, 2011

Keepin' My Head Held High


The other day I received my Big Tough Girl Shirt in the mail. For those who don't know anything about this... Big Tough Girls are a group of Birthmothers (women who have placed a baby or babies for adoption). You can find out more about us on the Blessings in a Basket Blog http://www.blessings-inabasket.blogspot.com/ . I love advocating for such a wonderful and noble cause. My heart is so invested in adoption, and I love when I get the chance to speak to others about my amazing experiences with it. I am also excited that I received my shirt in time to go speak this month with Dara at a school for girls that have either chosen to single parent, or are pregnant.

My shirt came with this letter:

Dear Big Tough Girl,

I am so proud of you that you have come this far. Your journey is far from over but it can only get better from here. Only you can hold you back, only you can determine which direction your life goes from here. Don't waste your incredible experience. Don't let your pain and guilt get the best of you... you are a big tough girl and you have been given a second chance at your life. Keep the faith the sky is the limit and never forget the incredible gift that you sacrificed for the unconditional love of a child.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your incredible journey. Please remember that i love you and will always be here for you, no matter where your path takes you.

Blessings in a basket
Here Chelsey and I are soaring high with our shirts!!! It always amazes me what a simple shirt, or some kind encouraging words can do for you. Thanks so much BIB for all that you do, and also for giving us another reason to feel proud and keep our head held high.

1 comment: