Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kute Flowers & Killer Massages: Birth Mother's Pamper Night

Tonight was my first Pamper Night at my Birth Mother's Group since being involved with Adoption and LDS Family Services for over two years. (Right before Azlyn was born) It was amazing to see so many "Big Tough Girls", and I was delighted to see how many adorable mother's were there with the beautiful babies they adopted from numerous girls in our group. I love the way adoption is now. I wouldn't have it any other way!


There were numerous things to do at pamper night (manicures, facials, massages, and hair bow making), and many wonderful woman volunteered to render their service free of charge. The ones I interacted with were all amazing, and helped make it a successful and perfect night.


I mingled with all the girls, and then sat down to make my beautiful flower. Megan Hilton set it all up and brought tons of material and clips etc... for us to make whatever kind of flower we wanted. She was so sweet and awfully generous to do all of this with us girls. I love my flower. Thanks Megan you are so sweet and talented!

This is the flower I made. Not bad for my first one.
This one Megan made=) I can't get over how cute they are!

After I made my flower I got called to go back and get my massage. I have never had a real massage before this. We had 2 professional Massage Therapists come volunteer to give us real deal massages, Jenny Gibbons who I have always just loved, and also Christy who I met at the FSA Conference. Christy is who massaged me, and I just fell in love with her. (Not just because she gives killer massages), but she was so exuberant, kind, and easy to get along with. I hope she does not mind me sharing a little! She told me that her and her husband had just gotten certified to adopt 2 weeks prior, and they were looking so forward to all the wonderful things that were coming their way. She was so positive and upbeat. We exchanged blogs (http://www.hornefam.blogspot.com/), and I hope we stay in touch.

I love advocating for some of the couples that really touch me. Christy and Jenny are two that I really just love. Every time I ever heard of a great lead I would call or e-mail Jenny, and now I will have them both in my mind and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Hate to break it to you but their blog is actually http://hornefam.blogspot.com
    I have no idea who that other blog belongs to... I just noticed that the latest post was in 2007 and figured that must be the wrong one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies all deserve that pampering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Katie, you're so sweet! thank you :) and YES..all you ladies deserve that pampering :)

    ReplyDelete